The Voltaire Project was conceived to the wishes and will of HE the Father Emir Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani to create a school that enables Qatar to open its doors to the rich heritage of different civilizations and cultures while maintaining the valuable local background to meet the society’s aspirations.
The French Qatari School was brought into existence in September 2007. It has been officially inaugurated by the president of the French republic and HH the Emir Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani on the 15th of January 2008, thereby confirming a successful and strategic cooperation between France and Qatar.
The school is represented by HE Dr. Ali Bin Fetais Al Marri, Attorney General of the State of Qatar and Chairman of the Board of Directors, HE Eric Chevalier French ambassador and managed by the Director of the Project Mr. Thomas Saène.
The French Qatari School Voltaire is a vehicle for universal values and diversity. The school aims to build up a spirit of citizenship, tolerance, respect and altruism enabling all to achieve excellence.
- Provide a stimulating learning environment opening the doors to new technologies, materials and library resources.
- Maximize the individual potential of each and prepare our students to the challenges they will face in the future related to the educational and professional fields in order to achieve their goals in a prosperous environment.
- Accompany children in their endeavors to develop their own ideas and express their opinions and views.
- Creation of a positive and inclusive environment in the classroom.
- Morals and citizenship: initiate children to become responsible and independent citizens.
- Students’ success is our marrow priority.
- In support of a non-discrimination policy.
- We share a vision of a peaceful world based on respect, tolerance and diversity.
- The student is at the heart of the project.
- Far more than a simple school.
- Diversity is the one thing we all have in common and this is what makes our strength.
- The French Qatari school Voltaire: A passport to the world!